Wednesday, June 8th 2022 — Hamilton, Bermuda: It has been announced that the Bermuda End-to-End (ETE) Charitable Trust has distributed a total of $260,000 for local charities and a school as a result of their Convex End-to-End fundraising event.
The charity recently held its 2022 Awards Ceremony at the Hamilton Princess & Beach Club to celebrate the outstanding fundraising efforts of its participants and support of their sponsors during the May 7th event. Thanks to their combined efforts, $70,000 has been donated to each of the 2022 charities: the Bermuda National Trust, Inter-Agency Committee and Transitional Community Services.
This fundraising distribution follows the organization’s donation of $1,000 each to 35 charities in Bermuda in April to celebrate the 35th anniversary of the End-to-End.
The event organizers also took the opportunity to award some of the hardest working fundraisers, participant teams and individuals, and dedicated volunteers for their efforts. In particular, Bermuda High School was awarded with the Deloitte’s Top School Award for their students’ contributions and recognized with a cheque for $15,000.
The full list of awards:
- 2022 Founder’s Trophy – Gig Rowers (Paula Wight, Cindy Arruda, Holly Barany and Laura Lyons
- 2022 Honorary End-to-Ender – David Goonewardene, from Warwick Academy
- Deloitte’s Top School Award – Bermuda High School
- Best Water Stop – Deloitte
- Volunteer of the Year – Jacqueline Trott
- Team Spirit Award – Bermuda Special Olympics
- Top Corporate Team – Butterfield Bank
- Top Fundraising Team – FAC and friends
Prizes were also awarded for the Top Individual Fundraisers:
- Barbara Spiering, who won an overnight stay in a suite and breakfast for two at the Hamilton Princess
- Ed Carye, who won an overnight stay in a deluxe room plus breakfast for two at the Hamilton Princess
- Stephen Ruse, who received an Exhale Spa experience
- Paula Wight, who will enjoy lunch for two at the Crown & Anchor Restaurant
- Cynthia Arruda, Matt Paskin and Paul O’Shea were presented $100 Vineyard Vines gift cards
- Quinn Gunther, Alan Hoes and Holy Barany were presented Gibbons gift cards
- David Goonewardene received a one-month gym membership to Courthouse Gym.
Anne Mello, Chairperson of the End-to-End, said: ‘We were delighted to see so many people out on our trails and roads, exploring our island from end-to-end, joining family and friends for a day of fun and fundraising. Their combined efforts have helped us to donate an incredible $260,000 to crucial community support programs. We also want to extend a huge “thank you” to our exceptional sponsors, in particular: Title Sponsor Convex and Platinum Sponsors Butterfield and Deloitte, without whom this event would not be possible.’
Stephen Catlin, chairman and CEO of Convex, said: “Taking part in the 2022 End-to-End
was a hugely rewarding experience and we watched the whole island come together to enjoy
an overdue day of fun with their friends, family, and the wider community. I am delighted that much deserved funds were raised for the chosen charities. The energy and enthusiasm of
everyone involved was outstanding and we greatly look forward to seeing what next year’s
Convex End-to-End will bring.”
In addition to celebrating this year’s event, the 2023 date for the Convex End to End was announced as May 6th, 2023.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call 335-4351.